Thursday, January 26, 2012

Products from around my house

Basically Macaroy Kangaroo is a collection of a bunch of things I loved long before I ever thought I would open my own "store".  I really do love and use just about every product that I sell.  So, I thought I'd use this blog to show you how I actually use some of my products.

My first vinyl wall monogram was for above Sullivan's crib.  It was a giant "S" with her name running through it.  I loved it so much that I immediately bought names for over Daniel and Davis' beds.  Vinyl Wall Monograms are the best decoration for over a crib or child's bed, in my opinion.  I loved not having to worry if a picture would fall down into the bed or crib. (Am I the only one that worries about things like this?)  As an added bonus, they really looked painted on so it might appear to guests that I have fabulous artistic skills. (I don't).

Anyhow, back in November it was time to switch Sully to a big girl bed and I was so excited to pick out her new monogram!  It is the Scalloped Edge Fancy Wall Decal from the website.  I think it looks perfect over her new bed and the application really is easy.  Bob was watching golf and I did not want to disturb him (wife of the year), so I did this all by myself.  The decals come with great instructions and a little tool to help make sure you get all the bubbles out.  It is easy...I promise.


I will admit that I am a bit of a neat freak.  I am sad to report that my children did not inherit this quality from me.  I feel like I spend far too long picking up after them.  I have tried a million ways to get them to be a little more responsible with their toys and only two have worked:

1.  Setting the kitchen timer for 10 minutes and whatever is not put away when the timer goes off is headed to the trashcan.

2.  These adorable bins that sit on the back stairs.  They have actually learned to put all their stuff in these bins.  Perhaps it is because solution #1 has been traumatic on more than one occasion.  Are we the only family that uses the stairs as a catch-all for SO much stuff?  If anything is missing, we usually check there first. 

These bins are the Polka Dot Storage Tote from Heartstrings.  You probably noticed that Daniel's "R" is a little cut off.  That is because when the bins are not filled, the children think it is fun to wear them on their heads and race around the house running into things.  *sigh*.  I am certain Heartstrings would replace the vinyl if I asked them to - they have the best customer service ever.  Or I could just recut it myself, but I'm going to be honest, I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment